Membership - Overview
The Advanced Imaging Society is composed of companies who want to ensure the best viewing experience for consumers in todays marketplace… and tomorrows. Membership is open to any company involved or interested in the advancement of HDR, VR, 3D, HFR, and other technologies which will usher in a new generation of consumer experiences.
Members include companies from every level of the supply chain including:
- entertainment companies developing HDR, HFR, VR, and 3D content
- technology companies enabling content creation and movement of that content
- entertainment distribution companies
- companies that develop software for creation and manipulation of the digital files
- manufacturers of displays, drivers and other critical hardware
- standards organizations
- training companies
- educational institutions
Full member meetings are held periodically in convenient locations throughout the globe. When available, meetings are held at member sites or in conjunction with other industry-wide events. Steering and project teams meet primarily via teleconference and collaborate online, and also meet face-to-face during quarterly meetings.
Membership dues are invoiced on an annual basis, based on date of joining. The Society is a 501(c)(6) organization. As such, dues are a tax-deductible business expense. The society's rules and policies are laid out in the organization's bylaws. Copies are provided upon request.